Leah hates Kris: A Doversport

Leah: I hate you, Kris. Kris: I hate you, Leah. Leah: Let's blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Monday, October 30, 2006

A contest of spooktacular booportions

As Kris announced earlier today, this week's contest was delayed due to my jet-set adventures in western Canada. I apologize for doing my homework, and I regret I have little to report.

It snowed a lot.

My mom fed me plenty of yummy homecooked meals.

I visited a few Halloween parties full of newspaper kids I didn't know. I felt as though I'd mysteriously transformed into blog pal and old-school Gatewayer, Neal Ozano. But Neal wouldn't have dressed up like Margot Tenenbaum. He would have just hung out at the bar and called everyone dum-dums and bore-o-saurs. Which is to say he's cooler than me.



All this leads me to announce this week's challenge: a costume contest.

Kris suggested it, leading me to believe he'd been spending all those months cooped up in Robards hand-stitching sequins under fluorescent light.

He'd proven himself a considerable opponent. Last year, he wowed the blog-o-sphere with his interpretation of Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby. The competition seemed stiff. That is until this morning when I chatted with Christie, who informed me it was she who conceived the Rosemary costume.

And video evidence would seem to prove Kris is in fact completely helpless without a lady friend to help him navigate his closet--fashion missteps such as purses and red heels, aside.

The poor little fella seems to have wandered out of the apartment in his underpants out of frustration:



A cheap ploy. Your votes will only encourage him.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ladysir said...

For the record:

I thought my costume was pretty rad. Although I think it may have been more fun to go as Chas Tenenbaum--if only because his red tracksuit would have been less drafty than Margot's polo mini. Edmonton snaps into the minus temperatures over Halloween; how quickly we smug Torontonians forget.

The point is, where's the love? I know this blog gets plenty of traffic. Please comment.

Also:

An adendum: I saw two other Margot Tenenbaums over the Halloween holidays. I recognized them, though it's likely nobody else did.

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KRIS

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home