Leah hates Kris: A Doversport

Leah: I hate you, Kris. Kris: I hate you, Leah. Leah: Let's blog.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

This one's for the hope chest



My eyes are pink with too much school reading this week. But still, I like to find time for a little recreational magazine skimming, as well.

So, mad props go out this week to blog pal, Tyson who sent me a copy of my new favourite Western Canadian publication: Alberta Husband & Wife.


This month's Sears portrait studio power couple: Rob "Power 92" Christie and Phyllis Diller.

I've been taking notes on the articles that I think I should share in case any of you are contemplating a stale marriage. Some romance tips from the editorial:

"...Wear flowing and sensuous fabrics. A wispy silk skirt or sari for the woman and an open necked silk shirt and tight jeans for the guy. ..."

"...Be playful. Just happen to have a basket of delicious red cherries dipped in chocolate hanging from a lattice or a tree. Hold them by the stem and dangle them for your partner to enjoy the luscious taste and pampering."

"What about the mosquitoes? Yes, they can ruin the moment. We are in Alberta, and we just can't ignore them. I could tell you to put on Deet, but how responsible is that? Kissing your parntner's soft skin and ending up with a toxic chemical in your mouth just takes away the romance. Beside [sic] it stinks and tastes horrible."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And to think that the boy is currently at home, unaware of what the future is to hold. And by future, I mean tight pants and large collared silk shirts. And by hold, I mean break up.

Yay!

2:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You neglect to mention the wonderfully irreverant Rod Stewart-adorned packaging. And yes, now that I have your address, you've gone on my list of people I know who don't live in Edmonton and enjoy getting crap in the mail.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Every time I've just about got the Torontonians convinced that Edmonton is not nearly as backwards as Easterners seem to think, something like this comes along and torpedoes my credibility. Jeez...

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home